Saturday 21 September 2013

City of London - Update

Docks coming soon - St Bride Street
Just occasionally one has too much time to spare and you unearth an interesting document on the internet. This happened to me today when I discovered the City of London's most recent council document on cycle hire.

The document recommends that as part of the current expansion of the scheme, four previously agreed docking stations should be installed. It also mentions a possible dock on Upper Thames Street, which is part of TfL's route network.

It's getting better - Bouverie Street
I had a cycle round these streets today. St Bride Street is under construction, and an area of Bouverie Street has been fenced off for an extension. John Carpenter Street has major building works, so nothing here at the moment, and Houndsditch also has work going on - though this would be an excellent new dock so I hope it does appear. Nothing yet on Upper Thames Street either.

The report acknowledges that demand outstrips supply in the Square Mile. I look forward to the new docks, and also hope that this won't be the end of expansion in the City.

1 comment:

  1. Did you ride down Clerkenwell Road on this on this specific day by any chance? Looking for some Boris Bikers who saw me prang my car and I need their witness statement :-( Contact me on Twitter if this was you @selina_wragg

    ReplyDelete