And in Ireland, Dublinbikes is growing.
The highlights and lowlights of 2013 in brief ...
- January - hire fees double
- Spring - plans advance for southwestern extension
- May - Citibike launches in New York
- July- flashride at Aldgate to protest at death of Boris biker Philippine de Gerin-Ricard
- 30 July - Boris bikes celebrate third birthday
- Summer - almost 1,000,000 trips each month, though down on Olympic year
- Autumn - installation of new docking stations
- December - Barclays announce end of sponsorship deal from 2015
- 13 December - southwestern extension launched, 722 docking stations now live across London